Sunday, October 08, 2006

A Matter of the heart

"Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life." Pro 4:23

How?
1. Guard your mouth (vs 24)
James 3:9-10 "With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth some praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water flow out of the same spring?"

2. Guard your eyes (vs 25)
Heb 12:2 "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith..."

3. Guard your feet/ values (vs 26)
Ps 119:105 "Your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."

BUT
"The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?" Jer 17:9

Our hearts cannot be changed, it can only be replaced.

Ezekial 36:26 "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And i will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws."

What causes a hardened heart?
Hebrews 3:7-14
1. Unbelief
2. Deceitfulness of sin
3. Wilful disobedience

The only remedy for a hardened heart is a broken heart.

Psalms 51:17 "A broken spirit and a contrite heart, You will not despise."

Ask for a new revelation of the cross today. =)




No comments: