Thursday, January 15, 2009

You won't believe it

So we were on one of those lazy afternoon strolls in broadway, and as per normal Mango half-dragged me into the pet store (where she loves to sniff the treats, kinda like the excitement a child experiences when they walk into a candy shop). I actually think she's sorta on a 'high'-- all the smells! Beef, liver, pork, fish, and even fish food!

ok, so she stops along a shelf labelled 'Roo sticks' and picks one of these dried-up sausage shaped sticks and attempts to make a run for it (to my horror!). She's becoming one of those hit and run dog shoppers who drag their poor owners into trouble. I'm going to end up in jail one day because of this pup. Anyhow, we find out its dried Kangaroo meat... and even i take a sniff. Ok, smells nice. I look at Mango-- she does one of those Shrek 'Cat' adorable eyes at me- almost begging me to buy it for her. Ok, i'm an affable owner. WRONG, i'm a weak owner! so i buy the Roo stick.

She follows me like in a trance all the way to the car, because i'm holding the roo stick. HAHA. so much for dangling a carrot in front of a donkey... or was it an asparagus in front of a horse? mm... ok, anyway the point i want to make is approaching.

i throw the roo stick into the back of the car, where Mango usually sits and she dives in right after it. Most of you know how long the drive from Brdway to my place is right, ok the point is- it's barely 3 mins. In between, Judy calls and i have a little chat on the phone- but still it wasn't too long.

We get home, i open the boot and 'where's the stick?' i ask.
Mango looks at me, i look at her. I check the boot again. i flip towels, overturn cushions.
Man, that dog has FINISHED the entire sausage roo stick in like 5 mins!
You won't believe it. I still don't.

No comments: