Saturday, September 01, 2007

Of Sphinxes and Pharoahs

I liked the very succinct descriptions of the exhibits... not long winded... i really enjoyed myself browsing the different stages of the Egyptian afterlife.
I cldn't take any photos of course-- didn't want to get dragged off screaming by 2 security guards. But here is a nice photo gallery that
thewest.com.au managed to scrummage.

It doesn't encapsulate the splendour of the exhibits per se... but it runs through the key statues/ things-that-quite-look-the-same-after-a-while-especially-when-your-students-are-making-al ot-of-noise.

Made me wonder as well... about the Egyptians as a people-- and their many gods. And it brought me back to Exodus when the Israelites were slaves to this great civilization. I thought about people... about Moses, Aaron... haha the exhibits brought me back to biblical times!

"The exhibition comprises 500 objects collected over nearly 200 years from the Archaic Period (3100-2700BC) to the Ptolemaic Period (c.332-30BC). It is touted as one of the finest collections in the world." Thewest.com.au


Go see it! On display til 28th October 2007!

3 comments:

efarmer said...

Ya i want to go see. Maybe during the break but my usual museum going buddy not in Perth anymore. BOO HOO. It is not free right??

Mishi said...

haha no lah, not free. Can't rem how much. cos school paid for me... i reckon about $13 for Adults- because sadly i think Uni students no concession. =(

Anonymous said...

I absolutely loved it!

It's $20...but worth it..

I actually thought of Abel & Lou when I was there at the gallery. heehee..so, you should go, abel.. it's really good.