Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Teary eyed...



After a long day at Balga for pract... i came home to 3 beautiful cards =) Such a precious reminder of love! Came home @4pm dreading the fact that i have to get my butt over to the library for my shift later at 5pm, but i was soooo drawn to tears by the birthday cards!! *such a softie i am* Thanks mom, dad, josh, jon and Gu ma! i love receiving and reading cards! Am so so touched.... the last thing on my mind this week is that my birthday is coming.... So much work, programs to be written, teaching logs to be filled in, reflection journals to be handed in... But the reminder that i'm above all of this.... the reminder that i may feel pressured cos of workload, but i'm not overwhelmed nor does my identity or security come from by performance. Such is the beauty of being a child of God.

Colossians 3:23-24
" Whatever you do, do your work heartily as for the Lord rather than for men."


My boss is Jesus... Amen!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya =) Amen!Hope ur pract went great!I feel so blessed by the Lord for giving me a friend as beautiful as you! Love ya loads babe!

Always, summmmmmmmy

Mishi said...

I'm glad we talked and prayed =)Have fun at Kraft!!

Anonymous said...

I know this is early but have a very blessed Birthday. [Seems like you're already having a blessed one eh?].

Mishi said...

thanks G! =) yeah i know!!

Anonymous said...

had initially been wanting to say that i enjoy reading ur blog - but had been staying a pretty dormant reader.

ur post strucks me as i read it especially when i read "My boss is Jesus... Amen!"

I can't agree more.

Wanna wish you a blessed Birthday too! Enjoy the special day of yours!

Anonymous said...

hello Mishi! Happy birthday to you! Im sure you make the Lord smile each time He looks down. Continue to shine for Him!-Lou

Mishi said...

Thanks starry=) i have secret readers... haha!
Thanks Lou! You too! Whens the next instalment of Mr Onuyama? haha

Ting said...

Happy birthday to u happy birthday to u happy birthday to mishi lau
happy bday to u...

Ting said...

i ll sing to u on the proper day again!!!