Wednesday, May 23, 2007

My job

I really love being with my kids (limited schooling kids).... Tdy school was really a joy... =)
I know there will be days i wish i hadn't said that, but i miss them already...
We watched Cat in the Hat by Dr Suess, and did some math and writing exercises.
And i'm glad i have the next month with them =)

Took a class of upper school kids today... all the boys were older, bigger, more vulgar... all the innuendos in their speech (i'm sure you know what i mean- cos i do look young and like a student). But i feel confident, i don't feel afraid or scared of them. They are tall and towering, they probably could throw me across the room easily. Today i told a boy to stop using inappropriate words with me (with a straight face), and he stopped. haha, i was quite firm i think.

Really praying for hearts and minds to be opened...
Will be teaching them next week-- and not limited schooling cos my mentor is going away for a conference for about a week... so i get to teach in other classes with different levels =)

3 comments:

mojo :) said...

I love your vivid descriptions :) I can literally imagine this Aussie bloke lifting you up and thrusting you across the room ! ahahahaha I love the confidence you have in God hey. Amazing girl.

Mishi said...

Heya mojo!
Actually, my kids are all from Africa (cept one from Afghanistan)- i teach in an IEC (intensive English centre)-- they are from all over!! Sudan, Burundi, Sierra Leone... etc. =)

mojo :) said...

hmmmm I see, thats great :) They are lucky to get an education here. I know you can answer this in two lines, but do you recon Aussie has a good education system ?