Friday, May 04, 2007

The Battle Within!


For the past 2 years, spidey movies have been released within a week of my birthday. I do feel it's apt that the producers and that Hollywood as an industry considered my intense feelings- since Spidey is and will always be, my favourite super hero.

Well, i like him not cos of the fact that he's agile, has a great sense of humour (very important for a super hero!) and can swing from building to building. Not to mention his spidey sense- very handy, this one! I like how he is human and fallible. Like how he can lose his powers when he lacks a sense of meaning and purpose of why he has powers in the first place. (reminds me of the parable of talents-"For everyone who has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him." Matt 25:29) i like the use it or lose it imagery! haha.

Well, spidey 3 is encapsulated by "The battle within"=) sounds quite like the battle between spirit and flesh in the bible as well!
i like that phrase, and i'm quite excited to watch the film!

5 comments:

Wei Xian said...

Watched it. I will tell you that it's also a battle of forgiveness and revenge.

efarmer said...

How come some guy named after an insect suddenly got so many moralistic underpinnings one!! Even Mary Jane was confused at the end of Spiderman 2 when she said "You go Tiger!". " I am Spider la IDIOT, wat Tiger?" And spiderman fights a villian called Lizardman in the comics k? People all dont believe, i mean you believed in Dr Octopus and Green Goblin, Venom and that really weird Sand Dune Guy already, you laugh at Lizardman? Its actually his professor with the one arm who tried to grow back his hand. HAHA. Its amazing how movies can make us all suspend our disbelief. They should have Spiderman 4 -- "Peter and Mary Jane's fight over the house chores".

Wei Xian said...

Originally, the Vulture was supposed to be in Part 3 but got replaced by the new Goblin..or was it Venom?

And I remember Lizardman. And Electro. And Mysterio. And a moment where Spiderman and Blade crossed paths over a supposed Vampire.

mojo :) said...

girl, you always have an interesting interpretation of movies and novels... I think you must have studied literature hey ?? hahah I did lit as well, so I find your interpretations really interesting. BTW Debbie is also just as intregued by spiderman... check out her blog via my blog.

Lumos Maxima said...

have u seen it yet? good onot?