Saturday, February 04, 2006

Faith is the...
By George Mueller

Faith is the eye by which we look to Jesus
A dim-sighted eye is still an eye; a weeping eye is still an eye

Faith is the hand with which we lay hold of Jesus.
A trembling hand is still a hand. And he is a believer whose heart within him trembles when he touches the hem of the Saviour's garment, that he may be healed.

Faith is the tongue by which we taste how good the Lord is.
A feverish tongue is nevertheless a tongue. And we may believe, when we are without a smallest amount of comfort; for our faith is founded not upon our feelings but upon the promises of God.

Faith is the foot by which we go to Jesus. A lame foot is still a foot.
He who comes slowly nevertheless comes.

***
I cannot say i have witnessed much in my life.
Despite that, i believe that God is moving and He will continue to move in my life and among my loved ones.
So many times in my life when i've thought myself to be achieved, accomplished and direction-driven the Lord has stopped me in my tracks and shown me how broken i am, how i keep resentful thoughts, how i am but susceptible to this world i live in.
was reading the book "Drawning near" by John Bevere on the plane- when God reaffirmed a message i had heard in church some 5-6 years ago.
"It is not that we profess Christianity; attend Bible-believing churches; or are nice people- it is not these that separates us from all the others on the face of this earth. It is His very presence that distinguishes us and makes us holy (separated to Him)."
I don't want to be content with the theory of this relationship without the intimacy, i don't want to settle for an intellectual discussion, i don't want knowledge and wisdom void of Your presence.
Come and fill my cup til it overflows.
God, how amazing that u came and u seek to be near to me. You desire to know my innermost thoughts, You knit me in my mother's womb.
You pursue me.... how i long to be in Your courts!
I have done nothing to deserve You- You are amazing God.

No comments: