Sunday, September 04, 2005

Just Cause it's Fathers' Day in Australia....

(i'm going to put my heartfelt feelings online.... )

I’m going to tell you abit about my Dad. The term “Daddy’s little girl” was derived since i was younger and cause i'm the only girl in the family. I’m the oldest, but he has never forced expectations upon me.

I will always remember his one liners- one goes smthg like “When you do something, enjoy it… so it will not seem like work to you”, another one goes “Education is not just academic, it must be implemented in all aspects of your life- so just play your heart out.”

That’s my Dad who encouraged 3 of us to live life to the fullest- 3 of us have sky dived, 2 of us have bungee jumped and my middle brother and I are still current avid scuba divers. My Dad deems all this as a continual education.

Besides loving God and loving people, which he most certainly agrees with, He has repeated- how he terms it as- the top three things in life- He always tells me, first comes your salvation- it is a gift from God and you cannot lose it. Second comes your health, because your body is the temple of the Lord, and you shld be a good steward of it. Third, comes financial management and tithing- because what you have now does not belong to you and you must have a Kingdom mentality.

I will always remember my father and His take on the big decisions and turning points I had in my life.

His take on finding a lifelong partner- he says “Find someone who loves God more than He loves you. Then you know that you will always be loved not with a human heart or strength, but with a heart powered by God’s love… becos he never fails”

His take on pursuing education beyond my uni degree- he says “ It is not paper qualifications that will define you, but setting your heart upon wanting to make the most of what you have and enjoying it, that is what will set you apart from the rest”

His take on looking after my little brother here in Perth- he says “Just love with all your heart, Love never fails to bring out the best in someone”

Nothing beats having an earthly father who knows the heart of our Father in heaven. Yes, my father is far from perfect... but he has given me a glimpse of God’s love for me. Let’s remember our fathers today and appreciate them for who they are. Happy Fathers’ Day to all the fathers out there!


(if u find this familiar... yes, u've heard it in service... ;p )

8 comments:

psyencex said...

amen on all.

especially the top 3

Anonymous said...

brilliant. wanted since after the service to tell you what great sharing it was but never remembered to. =)

Lil' Star said...

AMEN!!learn a lot...

~Janice

Anonymous said...

yeah i tot the top 3 was good... it was sumthing i hope would be instill in me as well...thanks for the sharing....

Anonymous said...

nice nice-Lou

Anonymous said...

Does your dad know about this post?

It would certainly bring joy to him. To know that his children have learnt from him and that he is indeed appreciated by the people that matters most.

Again, fantastic Father's Day post ...

efarmer said...

DAD -- I remember telling you also when you were a young girl not to be so mushy about me in front of others.



hahahaha... just kidding la. But wouldnt it be cool if your father said something like that? Ok wait, i think i wouldnt make a very good dad.

Mishi said...

hahah don't try to be humble abel! not working. and yes -g-, my Daddy dearest reads my blog. haha. dats why no one dares to bully me and call me tofu here. *grins*