Tuesday, June 07, 2005

its the joy in simple revelations daily that sometimes amazes me.
Was driving my brother to school this morning- it was raining cats and dogs.
And whilst the rain beat down hard on my windscreen- i remembered my old car and how the windscreen wiper wouldn't work. (then at the moment i was counting my blessings)
I was thinking to myself- and it was on the freeway- if i was driving my old car, i probably wouldn't survive that storm.

Not being able to see the car in front of me would be disastrous, plus keeping to my lane would be a problem- if i didn't have my windscreen wiper.
Then the windscreen wiper has different timings- thr are faster notches (for heavy rain) and slower ones (for drizzles). So adjusting it to the conditions is a good thing.

i thought that this windscreen wiper was much like our relationship with God. we set it to the timings we like- according to our situations. Like if we're in a tight and tough circumstance and the rain is beating hard on us, we turn up the communication with God. We tlk to Him more, pray more and fast more... but as the drizzle gets lighter and easier to bear... we sorta ease out of this dependence on God mode. And when there's no rain, we forget that the windscreen wiper even exists.

i guess its a silly analogy for smthg that probably doesn't relate.

So now i noe that the windscreen wiper is always there.... rain or shine.
Likewise, our heavenly Father wants to share as much in our sunshine, as well as in our rainy days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's not a silly analogy! i think it's a good one!
just like the rainbow...on normal days, a rainbow may not mean anything to us..but when we're faced with storms and when the rainbow appears, it means so much to us. I would like to marvel at the rainbow everytime i see it.. doesnt matter if it's rain or shine.
-nikki

Ting said...

i think it's a very very good analogy too.. who would have thought of associating a windscreen wiper with God.. other than the Holy Spirit in you???

marvelled by God whenever He reveal things to us..

Anonymous said...

yeah... I like it. :)

Louise.

efarmer said...

Oh no.. you becoming irrelevant. I think i am going to take over the world. muahahaha.