Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Praise You in the storm

Thanks Derek, this really blessed me.

****
Job is a pretty crazy book... Here's a righteous guy who gets his house taken away, his children die, his wife despises him and worst of all, he can't pinpoint where he's gone wrong... His so-called friends come to "comfort" him, but do little other than condemn and judge in an attempt to get him to confess...

Confess what?? Job asks that over and over again - urging God to show him his faults or come down and judge him himself... for me, that's the worst part of his suffering - not knowing his fault but feeling the Lord's "wrath"; even death seemed better... the Lord's answer was His sovereignty...

i dun fully understand that answer - and in someways, i can relate with Job... i'm not close to being as righteous as him, but sometimes i see all the bad things in my life and i wonder what i've done to "deserve them"... i bring to God my quiet times, my prayers, my brokeness and wonder why he keeps silent...

"i've given up all of me God, where are you? my heart is torn, my pride is gone, why are you silent? i've repented of everything i could repent of - did i mess up somewhere else?"

God's answer is His sovereignty...

"Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell me, if you know so much. Do you know how its dimensions were determined and who did the surveying? What supports its foundations, and who laid its cornerstone as the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy." Job 38:3-7


how small am i... how little i know... how little my righteousness counts for... but how much have i been loved... how much have i been taken care of... i dun understand, but He knows and He works all things out for good...

****

I was sure by now
That You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say “Amen”, and it’s still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
“I’m with you”
And as You mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I’ll praise You in this storm
And I will life my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I’ve cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can’t find You

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
“I’m with you”
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth

No comments: