Monday, September 04, 2006

Joy of salvation

I was asking myself when was the last time i thought about the salvation i have in Christ?
And about the privilege to be in His kingdom and in His blessings and to have His presence.
Not til very recently, when i led a friend to Christ- it reminded me that the gift of salvation is the most joyous and precious thing, ever- ever to be given to me and it should never be taken for granted.

I'm amazed that God would "own" us twice. He created us, and He bought us with Jesus' blood.

Reminds me of the "because" factor that Darlene Zschech talked about at Hillsongs. That God has given us His spirit because we are to proclaim Him and His goodness.

"Because the Lord has anointed me to preach the good tidings to the poor;
He has sent me to heal the broken hearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord,
And the day of vengeace of our God;
To comfort all who mourn,
To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified."
- Isaiah 61:1-3

We are blessed to bless others.
We are healed to bring His healing others.
We are comforted to bring comfort to others.
We are made righteous in Him to bring His justice for others.
Amazing how it doesn't just stop with me
It isn't about me.
It's all about You.

No comments: