Friday, July 28, 2006

I Am that I Am

I know it sounds like bad english. But God said it. He said it in Exodus 3:14.

"I AM THAT I AM", He said to Moses "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, I AM has sent me to you."
And that is God's name, not ours. Because God is "I AM" we become "i am not".

I am not in charge
I am not in control
I am not a life changer
I am not a heart mover
I am not a city transformer

He is
He is
He is
To all of the above, He is.

"I Am" in literal hebrew translation means "breath", or simply "to be"- existance.

Surely the number of "I"s in Exodus 3 indicate the sure-ness (if there's such a word) of God in making a covenant with Himself to deliver His people. What's the catch?

Ex 4:12 "Now therefore go and I will be with you."
You Go, He is.
You Go, He is.

guess what.

You don't Go, He still is.
God is God. That doesn't change.

No comments: