Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Was reading my old journals (think i have too many collecting dust- but can't bear to throw them away... ) Filled with alot of letters to Jesus, some quite sorrowful, some filled with awe and joy, some just full of complaints and lamentation.

Came across one which i never remembered penning:

Dearest Lord, maker of the heavens and the earth! Lord you are so wonderful, the skies and the seas speak of your awesome power. you alone can make the tides rise and fall. To you the creatures of the earth praise and adore you! with every breath in me- i want to worship you! Lord, grant me strength to trust that you are always in control of everything. If you spin the earth and capture the sun rays perfectly, Lord why can't i trust that you've planned awesome and wonderful things for my life? May you remind me daily that u love me with an everlasting and far-reaching love. Even if sometimes i doubt and i fear that my life is in a tumultous mess... Nothing is impossible for you O God! Lord help me to believe that if you are the same God who parted the Red Sea and dropped Manna from heaven, would you not do greater things even today?? Lord you are so amazing, and your timing is perfect, everything that happens is for you to turn into your mighty, perfect plan! May you Reign lord, among all things- i want to be hungry and desperate for you.

Love, miShi
10th June 2004.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

waaaaaaahhh....so beautifully written!
my note to God is like 'Father help me...amen'..then I fold the note and drop it into a bottle. haha..
-nikki

bj said...

wow when i read it i felt like i just HaD to comment. it's a beautiful piece of prose but what i really like is that its so real
i sometimes write to HIM too!but not so nicely and i usually delete it cos dun want other people to read.heh.
anyways, will help u pray for your friend (abovementioned).