Saturday, September 11, 2004

Getting married

You noe, thr’s this hype about getting married at our age (not that I’m old or anything, right dex? *sniggers *)….. I’m sure it’s because of all the people who are engaged *hint hint * and all those people who are getting attached *bigger hint * … today I witnessed 19 baptisms…. 19 people telling God that they wanna give their all for him, and truly walk in His paths… it really was an encouragement for me, and my own walk with God…. Esp for the 4 girls (bijia, mavis, Dorcas and Yingzii)…. I’m so touched and so blessed by every single one of you.

Wad has this gotta do with getting married?! Yes, I feel that a baptism is very much like a marriage… hey, how many times in the bible does God say that we’re his bride? The answer is… lotsa times!! Jeremiah 3:14, Isaiah 54:5… Our marriage to God is the first priority ever, to become one with Him, to fall in love with Him. Like how excited brides prepare for their wedding day, lets all prepare ourselves for the King of kings!

I asked God, how do I become excited for u? How do I yearn to love u more n more? How can I keep this fire burning? And that two words that sprung to my mind, was HUNGER n THIRST. If someone is hungry, they’ll eat…. When u’re thirsty, u’ll drink. Likewise, God wants us to hunger and thirst after him, to wanna be intimate with Him… to live like u can’t live without Him.

God: Listen, my child… I want to affect the way you act and react. I want the things that make me cry to bring tears to your eyes. I want you to know wad breaks my heart, to feel my heartbeat. Recognise the putrid scent of sin I smell. Hear the weeping of broken hearts. Learn the sight of hopelessness. Be able to mend broken dreams. Your marriage to me will be the strongest foundation u can ever imagine for your earthly marriage. Your husband will always take second place to Me. I love you my child, I have only the best in store for you.

*how i long for you, O lord*

No comments: