Sunday, August 22, 2004

My Favourite Psalm (excerpts)

O Lord, You have searched me and You know me
You noe when i sit and when i rise;
You perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
You are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
You noe it completely, O Lord

You hem me in- behind and before;
You have laid your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty to attain.

Where can i go from your spirit?
Where can i flee from your presence?
If i go up to the heavens, You are there;
If i make my bed in the depths, You are there.
If i rise on the wings of the dawn,
If i settle on the far side of the sea,
Even there your hand will guide me,
Your right hand will hold me fast.

For You created my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise You becos i am fearfully and wonderfully made;
You works are wonderful, I know that full well.

Search me, O god and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.

*Lord, more of You*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey this same psalm is on my wall!!!!
ting

Mishi said...

really? haha super telepathy. it's a beautiful verse.