Tuesday, October 30, 2007

'Grounded' in the right things.

Don't you feel stuck sometimes?
i do....

(and anyone who's known me for yonks can tell you that i hate that feeling)
It isn't even halfway through the week and i feel like i've been dragging myself-- through mud, dust, soil... and papers.

Mari and i were just saying how 'reflective' people get towards the end of the year... Christmas and New Year's Eve to be exact. I skim over my year... look at my previous resolutions (yes, i have not given up making those) and re-align my aims for next year. Some of the previous aims might have been waaay off course, too ambitious/ not realistic, some were not done because i was plain lazy, others should have become a lifestyle but they still remain on the paper-- But some, the few that were attained keeps me going and give me the 'hey wait a minute' anything-is-possible feeling.

Most years it's depressing, because there's a standard 'route', a path to follow... first yr uni to second and honours, and post grad. BUT this year... it's different- i get to choose... *000* and this freedom is killing me. This transition is scaarry. I'd opt for the standard route now, just seems i've run out of choice!

Back to my initial point about being 'stuck'-- i meant staying in one place, doing one thing for too long. I think applying for PR sends one of those being 'stuck' shivers down my spine. Yes, of course i want stability and foundation and all of that... but it also means i can't pack up and run off. Also means sparing a thought for my second half--- what his desires, needs and ambitions are. I think i might be commitment-phobic. I hope i'm not.

So being 'stuck' and being 'grounded' are two different things. I wanna be grounded-- in the knowledge that where ever i am, I'm right smack in the purpose God has planned for me. Whatever i am doing and whichever 'route' is embarked upon.... that i am serving Him in my generation, for this short blink in eternity.

Well, so i'm not stuck. I'm just.... GROUNDED in Him.

No comments: