Friday, November 11, 2005

Decisions

The decision not to do joint honours came quite subtly the other day when i sat in the politics office discussing the unit points needed for next year.
She was showing me the double 12 points for dissertation, and double 12 again for seminars.
I have to admit, its abit overwhelming and to me very disconcerting, that i only have a year to finish up what might seem to take 2-3 years to do.
So there goes my option of doing the joint honours. HAHA.

I could do with less stress, more health and thus more energy to do other things.

Coming to the end of my graduate life has made clear 2 things:
-You have only achieved what u have been willing to learn, nothing more, nothing less.
-Degrees don't make you smarter den you already are, the certificate just makes u feel better nonetheless.

3 comments:

serene said...

i'd actually strongly encourage you to do the honors program. we can talk about this if you want to...

Mishi said...

hello miss koh, I'm doing honours in political science program... just not the joint honours (i.e History and politics). Too heavy ;p

serene said...

great!! yes, history and PS might be just a little over-the-top...